1. The concept, signs, criminological characteristics of recidivism and professional crime
2. Causes and conditions of recidivism and professional crime
3. Prevention of professional and recidivism
Relevance of the research topic. Professional and recidivism is a social phenomenon that exists in different countries of the world and is of universal concern. Currently, these types of crime as a negative phenomenon have become one of the serious problems facing the Russian state and society. The number of crimes committed by repeat offenders and criminal professionals is quite high. In recent years, there have been trends in the rejuvenation of recidivism, the level of methods of committing crimes is increasing, criminals of the XXI century are actively following the latest achievements of science and technology, and are increasingly using them in their illegal activities, improving the methods of committing criminal acts, effectively countering law enforcement agencies. In this regard, the study and analysis of the state and features of professional and recidivist crime, the development of effective measures to reduce the number of crimes and prevent this negative social phenomenon are recognized as a necessary task, the successful resolution of which is most important for the state and society.
The degree of development of the research topic. Due to its importance, various aspects of professional and recidivism, and directly related problems of its prevention, have always been given close attention in criminology and criminal law. Many works of well-known domestic and foreign scientists have been devoted to this problem, monographs, scientific and practical works, articles in periodicals have been published, which analyze various aspects in this area. These studies, of course, are of considerable interest, since they have received a qualified scientific assessment of important problems in the field under consideration. However, this topic has not ceased to be relevant: This is due to the increase in criminal activity of recidivist criminals in the post-Soviet period, and, accordingly, to the urgent need to develop effective measures and regulations to counteract the dangerous social phenomenon.
The object of this study is the system of social relations that develop in the process of organization and activity of the society for the control and prevention of professional and recidivism.
The subject of the study is a set of legal norms established in the Russian legislation regulating these legal relations, as well as the determinants of professional and recidivism, the main directions for improving measures to prevent crimes committed by them.
The aim of the study is to develop theoretical and practical aspects of improving the system of combating recidivism and professional crime.
To achieve this goal, you need to resolve the following tasks::
- to reveal the concept and consider the signs of recidivism and professional crime
- to give a criminological description of the types of crime under consideration;
- identify the causes and conditions of recidivism and professional crime;
- analyze some problems of prevention of recidivism and professional crime, and suggest ways to solve them.
To solve these problems, we used general and specific methods of scientific knowledge: materialistic dialectics, analysis and generalization, logical, statistical, logical-legal, comparative-legal, system approach. For the validity and reliability of the provisions set out in the work, specific sociological research methods were also used, which were successfully tested in criminological science.
The structure of the work is determined by the goals and objectives of the study and includes: introduction; three paragraphs; conclusion, list of references.
regulatory legal acts
1. The Criminal Code of the Russian Federation of 13.06.1996 N 63-FZ (ed. of 13.07.2015, with amendments. from 16.07.2015) / / Rossiyskaya gazeta, N 113, 18.06.1996
scientific literature and materials of the periodical press
2. Aslanyan M. M. Improvement of the institute of recidivism of crimes as a legal form of professional crime//Society and Law, 2008, N 2.
3. Afanasyeva O. R. On the study of the social consequences of recidivism // Russian investigator. 2013. N 7. P. 30-31.
4. Volkonskaya E. K. Relapse of violent crimes / / Lex russica. 2014. N 6. P. 712-720.
5. Garmash A. It is easier to prevent than to cure. Prevention of recidivism among former prisoners / / ezh-Yurist. 2012. N 3. P. 14.
6. Gilinsky Ya. I. Criminology. Course of lectures. St. Petersburg: Piter, 2011.
7. Golodnyuk M. N., Zubkova V. I. Convicts serving imprisonment for crimes against the person. Based on the materials of the special census of convicts and persons in custody, November 12 - 18, 2009 / Ed. by V. I. Seliverstov. Issue 10. M., 2011.
8. Grodzinsky M. M. Professional crime and the Criminal Code of the RSFSR / / Pravo i zhizn. Book 7, 8. Moscow, 1923. p. 72 – 79.
9. Gurov A. I. Professional crime: past and present. Moscow: Yuridicheskaya literatura, 1990.
10. Ivanov V. A. Recidivism of crimes: criminal-legal and criminological aspects: Dis. ... cand. the faculty of law. sciences'. Omsk, 2002.
11. Every fifth of the group crimes of minors is committed with the participation of adults (as of 2012) //[Electronic resource] Access mode: URL: http://www.mvd.ru/upload/site1/document_file/vlXMMRlab8.pdf (accessed 24.07.2015).
12. Kafarov T. M. The problem of recidivism in Soviet criminal law. Baku: Communist, 1972. S. 31 - 32.
13. Kobets P. N. Crime prevention as a complex, multifaceted process in Russia at the beginning of the second decade of the XXI century // Russian investigator. 2012. N 20. P. 27 - 30.
14. Criminology: Textbook for universities / A. F. Agapov, L. V. Barinova, V. G. Grib et al.; edited by V. D. Malkov. 5th ed., reprint. and additional M.: Yustitsinform, 2012.
15. Criminology / Under the general editorship of A. I. Dolgova. M., 2010.
16. Kosarev V. N., Kosareva L. V. Criminality and its destructive functions / / Materials of the International scientific and practical conference. Tolyatti, 2009.
17. Mikautadze S. R. Criminal-legal and criminological signs of criminal professionalism: Dis. ... cand. the faculty of law. Sciences. M., 2006.
18. Multiple recidivism of crimes / Edited by Yu. M. Antonyan. Ryazan, 2009.
19. Rimashevskaya N. M. Poverty and marginalization of the population // Sociological research. 2004. N 4. P. 40.
20. Sakharov A. B. Pravovoe obespechenie predstavleniya predstavleniy [Legal support for the prevention of crimes]. 1975. N 11. P. 82.
21. Taibakov A. A. Professional criminal: the experience of sociological research // Sociological research. 1993. # 8. Pp. 84 – 87.
22. Shesler A.V. Criminological characteristics and prevention of professional crime: Textbook. Tyumen, 2004.
23. Shigina N. V. Criminological problems with professional crime at the present stage. Moscow, 2001
24. Review of judicial statistics on the activities of federal courts of general jurisdiction and magistrates in 2012 / /[Electronic resource] Access mode: URL: http://www.cdep.ru/index.php?id=80& item=1911 (accessed 24.07.2015).
25. Characteristics of persons held in educational colonies for minors / /[Electronic resource] Access mode: URL: http://www.фсин.рф/structure/inspector/iao/statistika/Xar-ka%20v%20VK/ (accessed 24.07.2015)